Tuesday July 29 at 9 pm ET / 8 pm CT catch an all-new Overhaulin’ featuring our first ever Porsche build! Then at 10 pm ET / 9 pm CT Chip and Chris count down the Top 10 All-time moments and builds from Overhaulin’.
http://goo.gl/qP7xHq The Detroit Speed crew and a bundle of Detroit Speed “Equipped” cars took over the 6th annual Motor State Challenge this past weekend at Gingerman Raceway and came back with plenty of hardware to show for it. The event was a huge success with fantastic weather and plenty of cars to keep the road course and autocross track filled up throughout the weekend. Thursday was the cruise through the countryside that finished up at the scenic Riverfront Park in Niles, MI. Thursday evening was a great chance to relax and see old friends and meet new ones. There was a car show, a cookout, and it all concluded with a concert in the park Thursday night. Friday was a full day of road course racing at Gingerman Raceway followed by the autocross event on Saturday that was held at Tire Rack in South Bend, IN.
The Detroit Speed team will now head back to the shop to give the test cars a little R&R before they hit the road again for the next event.
Motor State Challenge 2014 Highligh ts
Kyle Tucker wins the overall fastest time on the Tire Rack autocross with BFGoodrichTires Rivals on the DSE 1966 Mustang Test Car.
• Ryan wins the Late Model Manufacturer Champion trophy driving the DSE “White Monster” Camaro.
• Mark Stielow drove the DSE 1966 Mustang Test Car to a second place finish in the Manufacturer Vintage Class.
• Scott Romzewicz wins the Todd Gartshore Memorial award. Scott is a great person, always willing to help. He did a great job this weekend wheeling his DSE “Equipped” G-Body.
• Grant Reierson drove his DSE “Equipped” Chevy II all the way from Alberta, Canada and competed in all the events
at the Motor State Challenge. He drove 34 hours one way and won the “Long Distance” award easily.
• Billy Utley drove his DSE “Equipped” 1972 Nova for the fastest Vintage Class road course lap at Gingerman and the overall Vintage Class Champion trophy.
• Todd Rumpke was the Late Model Champion in his white 2006 Z06 Corvette.
• Bret Voelkel was the Manufacturer Vintage Class winner.
Mooresville, NC - http://goo.gl/G6j6RM The Detroit Speed driveshaft loop is a bolt-on kit for a 2010+ Camaro V8 with a 6-speed automatic or manual transmission. The loop is 1/4” thick steel by 2” wide meeting NHRA requirements. No drilling or cutting is required. The kit does not require removing the driveshaft to install. The loop will clear factory exhaust and does not affect vehicle ground clearance. The loop comes powder coated black and includes all necessary hardware. This kit can help prevent vehicle damage in the event of a driveshaft failure.
Applications: 2010+ Camaro V8 w/6 Speed Transmission
See how Kyle and Stacy Tucker, founders of Detroit Speed, use Miller equipment to make automotive dreams come true: classic rides and modern horsepower. What dream project have you built with Miller equipment? Share it for a chance to win big monthly prizes and a grand prize that’s nothing short of legendary: http://millerwelds.com/webuild
See the DSE 1966 Mustang Test Car and the DSE 2012 “White Monster” Camaro Test Car take on Gingerman Raceway with their BFGRivals. The 6th annual 2014 Motor State Challenge is this weekend July 24 – 26 in South Haven, MI. This is an Optima search for the Ultimate Street Car Open Event with Autocross and Road Course. See the full schedule of events here http://www.motorstate.com/mschallenge.htm
Thank you to our Sponsors